HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kenneth Gauck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 11:46:11 CDT
Actually I don't think archeaology should be worried about its emphisis
on collections.  If I seperate those fields concerned with collecting data
for its own sake and those which only analyize data, I must say I am more
impressed with the conclusions produced by fields which value the accumulation
of information.  Some fields are top heavy and are concerned too much with
analysis and not enough with amassing tons of data (to analize) first.

Kenneth Gauck