HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eliot Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 10:53:08 +0200
        After doing some digging I was able to find out just who were the
"experts" of the Israel Antiquities Authority.  One was an amateur
enthusiast volunteering for the dig from (and GET THIS ONE) Kefar
Hashmonaim (i.e. Hasmonean Village!!!).  The other is a fledgeling
archaeologist with no special training in epigraphy.
        As an addendum to my previous post, I just wanted to add that Prof. Naveh
was invited by the IAA to view the inscription and give his professional
comments which confirmed Prof. A. Kloner inspection.  Eliot Braun IAA