HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Staeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 11:36:24 CST
On Wed, 26 Oct 1994 17:34:26 PDT, CAVEMAN -- San Bernardino, Calif. USA wrote:

>Ceramically-challenged Northeast?  Isn't this carrying political correctness
>a wee bit too far?
>
>Chuck Coker

Gee, I know it's technically the Mid-Atlantic, but my experience in New
Jersey suggests we're not all that ceramically challenged.  Certainly we
are not bestowed with slipped wres or polychromes, but there are
occassionally very nice things, such as Abbott Zoned Incized.  It is rare,
but it is interesting.
John Staeck, aka Janos           Life is uncertain, eat dessert first.
Luther College, Anthropology
Decorah, IA, 52101
319-387-1284