HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"M. Jay Stottman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 16:40:35 EDT
I am requesting information for a friend who is researching an early 19th centu
ry redware potter in Louisville, Ky.   She is primarily interested in some part
icular decorations.  A variety of simple linear designs using manganese slip gl
aze to decorate the vessels.Does anyone know anything about this kind of decora
tion.  Also, she wants to know about something call "tobacco spit" decoration,
which has been mentioned in some of her references on redware.  I will be glad
to relay messages to her.  This is for Anne Bader an archaeologist will the Cor
ps of Engineers in Louisville.
                              Jay