HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Michael Bathrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 1994 17:01:52 EDT
I am working on a paper dealing with the burial traditions in
New England and the mid-Atlantic States (specifically MA, RI
CT, NY, NJ, PA, VT, NH) in the eighteenth and early nineteenth
centuries.  The paper deals with the funeral traditions, marker
designs, music, burial traditions, graveyard consecrations, who was
buried within consecrated ground and who was not, and whatever
else you might think of.

I'd like to get references from as many disciplines as possible -
history, anthropology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, et. al.
If anyone has references they think might be of use, I would be grateful
if they would forward them to me.

Mike Bathrick ([log in to unmask])