HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Wed, 25 May 1994 11:43:52 -0700
     People,
        If you having been trying to subscribe or set your options to nomail
and have been refused, I apologize deeply. I apparently accidentally locked up
the list last week while trying to fix a problem. Everything is back to normal
now.
        The Archaeology list has been discussing archaeology in fiction
recently, and I (like the librarian fool that I am) have agreed to compile a
bibliography of the books and short stories. So I would like any suggestions
you out there might have of sources. The usual have already come up, like CLAN
OF THE CAVE BEAR, and QUEST FOR FIRE (which was originally written in French
in 1911). The Indiana Jones material has gone by, and the Elizabeth Peters
novels (of which I was unaware). I am open to all comments, suggestions, etc.
I am drawing the line at historical novels however. But, I would like to
include children's fiction as well. If people are interested in the final
result, I will either post it to the list, or snailmail it to those who would
like a copy. (At this point, the bibliography is taking on a life of its own.)
         BTW, did you know that Agatha Christie was married to an
archaeologist?

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
BITNET: IACAGC@ASUACAD    INTERNET: [log in to unmask]