HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 1995 18:02:21 -0500
No one seems to have listed Joseph K. Baldwin's A COLLECTOR'S GUIDE TO PATENT
AND PROPRIETARY MEDICINE BOTTLES (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1973), which I have
found useful.

Also, a word of caution about the following, <which I have not seen>, but if it
is comparable to the author's books on redware, yellowware and stoneware (other
than New York), I would be very careful about accepting any suggested dates of
manufacture

 Ketchum, William C., Jr. COLLECTING BOTTLES FOR FUN AND PROFIT (Tucson, AZ
 HPBooks, 1985). [A lot of good color illustrations and a bibliography and

 If works on glass (and ceramic) canning jars are of interest, Alice M.
Creswick, Grand Rapids, MI has published a series, e.g., THE FRUIT JAR WORKS
and several volumes of THE RED BOOK OF FRUIT JARS.

James L. Murphy