From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:43:59 +0000
Honey bees exposed to cadmium produce

Metallothioneins (MTs) are a family of small, highly conserved, cysteine-rich metal-binding proteins that are important for zinc and copper homeostasis, protection against oxidative stress, and buffering against toxic heavy metals.
One of my former graduate students proved this in honey bees exposed to industrial pollutants.
Our current Journeyman, online course, has asked - can honey bees develop resistance to organic pesticides?   I've my own, rather strong opinions on this, but it seemed a good question to debate on Bee-L.
Jerry