From:
Ginger Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2018 14:54:36 -0500
I would like to see a few scholarly articles on the long term and short
term affects of the toxicity of supplements on honey bees, like pesticides
and herbicides (neonicitinoids and glyphosate) both of which are found in
large quantities in all non-organic foods.  To the best of my knowledge,
non-organic honey bee feed and protein supplements are heavily laden with
non-organic soy and corn products which, in turn, are loaded with neonics
and glyphosates, among other things that I do not believe are healthy for
bees.  Granted, to keep a hive from starvation is one thing, but it appears
to me that it is, more likely than not, detrimental to the overall health
of bees, if not reckless, to feed substances that are potentially harmful,
especially when there are better alternatives.

- Ginger Kelly, Charlton, MA