From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 16:09:46 -0700
Stamets was clearly looking at bees apparently feeding upon fugal mycelia,
not the spores.

Rust fungus (Uromyces)spores are readily collected by the bees in my area,
in large volumes, in late summer.  They store it as fluorescent-orange
beebread, consisting almost entirely of the spores.    They are really bad
for the colony--the brood sickens and dies, and the colony goes downhill.
We must feed with pollen sub to bring the colonies back to health until
they've consumed or cleared out all the beebread consisting of fungal
spores.
For photos see http://scientificbeekeeping.com/fried-eggs-identified/

--
Randy Oliver