From:
Kristina Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2018 20:10:00 -0600
Hi Sarah,
   What type of test did you do in September?  I highly recommend an
alcohol wash, monthly from April to November or as long as there's flight
weather.  The sticky board is not a good way to monitor.  1. Numbers mean
different things in different situations.  It depends on how much brood is
emerging in the hive and how big the hive is.  2.  You need to leave the
board in for a min of 48h.  3. It has to be sticky!  Vaseline or
Tanglefoot.  Cooking spray doesn't cut it.  4. It has to fit correctly.  If
it warps and scrapes off the mites, then it's useless.
   It sounds like it's too cold for most treatments.  I'd recommend an OAV
treatment in November.  Make sure you wear at least a half mask with
cartridges for organic acid vapors.  Good luck!
Cheers,
Kristina Williams
Boulder, CO