Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2018 17:19:56 -0400
> Bill, like you, I leave entrance reducers on all year.

Just about everything you said mirrors our conditions this spring.

One reason I was so interested in your package experience is two of my
mentees (looked it up- a person being mentored) were going to get them
about the same time that you got yours and I was going to use your
experience to help them along. Fortunately, they were delayed and got
theirs on Friday and installed them with no issues (40s but windy). Because
this Sunday was going to be a record low high (30's) I told them to release
the queen the next day so she would not be in the cage but in the cluster
and better protected.One got the word and one didn't so we shall see, but I
seriously doubt if there will be problems with either.

Thanks for your followup. My bees are in great shape (all 25,000) with
nowhere to go (except Point Burrow) )for several days more. A very cold
late spring.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine