From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2018 07:29:01 -0800
Hi All,

I dread needing to take stickyboard counts every 48 hours to track mite
immigration.

It occurred to me last evening that if I used full-bottom SHB trap trays
filled with mineral oil, that I could obtain weekly mite immigration counts
from them.  So perhaps some on the List could help me, if you have
experience doing so.

First question, is there too much hive trash in the mineral oil by the end
of the week to make this feasible?

Second question, any tips on making it easier to count the mites in the oil?

Third, recommendations for off-the-shelf full-bottom traps that work well?

Feel free to respond off list to [log in to unmask]

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA