From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:25:49 -0800

> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7610474_Rare_
> royal_families_in_honeybees_Apis_mellifera

Yes, Janet, that was the paper which I assumed you were speaking of.  I'd
already discussed its implications with others.

Since all the drones of those queens would come from the queen's bloodline,
if natural selection favored that bloodline, it would soon dominate the
population.  But since it is rate, that strongly suggests that the larvae
the are most attractive to nurses as emergency queens, may indeed be the
least fit to mother a colony.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA