Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 07:32:49 -0700
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
 > I do have some experience with late fall dribble and would advise
against it.

When experts such as yourself offer advice to a large group of beekeepers,
it is my hope that they are offering such advice based upon strong evidence
and considerable experience.  So please forgive me, Charlie,  for trying to
confirm the evidence and amount of experience upon which you are basing
your advice.  Since people also ask me for information, I want to make sure
that I fully understand why you interpreted your unusual experience with OA
(oxalic acid) dribble as being due to adverse effects upon the colony,
rather than applicator error due to overdosing.

> 5 cc per seam applied only once.

This is the key question here Charlie.  How did you measure/confirm the
amount applied per seam of bees?

What we do during someone's learning curve is to measure how much OA  syrup
they started with, and then how much they ended with after dribbling a yard
of hives.  By subtraction, we know the total amount applied.  Divide this
by the number of hives, and we then know the average amount applied per
hive.

For your hives in a cold-winter area, the recommendation is not to exceed
50 mL total per hive.  Do you remember how much you actually applied?

Thank you in advance for informing us on this important point!

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA