From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2017 15:32:09 -0700

> > I cover the bottles of hot water with a towel, place a piece of paper
> towel soaked in hot water in the cooler

We sell lots of cells to others, as well as transporting our own, often in
near-freezing weather.   We use 6-pack beer coolers with a large icepack
bag on the bottom and two layers of towel for the cells to go between.  We
hold the incubator boxes in our queen incubator so that they are preheated
perfectly.

When others show up with their own coolers with water bottles, we test them
with a hand-held infrared thermometer.  Many come prepared to cook their
cells to a lovely medium rare, if not well done.  We take them apart and
rebuild them with water at 95F (you can use a strong ziplock freezer bag
and heat it a few seconds at a time in the microwave (without the queen
cells).

For smaller quantities of cells, we place them in a ziplock sandwich bag,
and tape them to the buyer's chest (or into her bra).  This ensures safe
transport.

We have others that come with temperature-controlled incubators that run
off an inverter in their trucks, and have a display showing the temperature
inside.  I plan to build one for ourselves, for when we're carrying a lot
of cells to distant yards.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA