HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Madrigal, Cregg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:34:23 +0000
Tim,

It is plausible that the dredgers can control sand removal that precisely. It’s also possible that the State and the Corps have a programmatic agreement in place for this type of project that has taken into account cultural resources, but if so, there should also be a provision for dealing with unanticipated discoveries and so on.

Given these are massive mine tailings, remote sensing survey before dredging begins may not provide any useful information, but monitoring during dredging to ensure that natural deposits are not impacted seems reasonable.

Cregg