From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2017 13:48:46 -0300
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Charles Linder wrote:

> for what I have read, the little science done on this matter shows < than
> 25%
>
> ergo from my part, I won't even try your method.
>

> Thanks Janese,  In many things it seems like that the plan,  don't rock
> the boat.  But if we stuck to that forever,  you yourself would not be
> treating Varro.

You still do not understand me or the way I see the use of knowledge, be it
proper science or "other's experiences".

I do not need nor want to try everything.  I do not need nor want to change
everything. I do process evaluations, define the part that is giving me
troubles and concentrate my energies there.

I am in constant reading in constant learning. I imagine my head as a
extensible toolbox. each day a new bit of information is placed there as a
potential tool. Sometimes, even before using that information there is a
new bit that couples with previous one making a more powerfull tool out of
that.

when faced to the need of solving a problem  first try to put all that
knowledge together and define the more logical path, more unexpensive, with
more chances to work. Then I define a proper experiment. with controls and
trying to prove to null hipothesis.

After running the experiment I take desition.

Hand labour is still available here and most usually when it is time to
change a queen that colony is also a bit behind the other, ie. need bees as
well as a new queen. Therefore we find the old queen, kill her and then
place a complete mating nuc (4 frames with bees and a new tested queen) in
the super or upper box.

because we were talking about that, right? changing qeens?