HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dessa Lightfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2016 17:28:52 -0500
Some quick google image searching suggests it's a modern Taurus medallion.
There is a simplified Taurus symbol on the left of the bull. If you google
"Taurus medallion" you'll see lots of similar but better looking examples.
It looks like someone was trying to crudely approximate a popular Margot de
Taxco design.  Can't predate the 1940s.  This was a fun research project!

Dessa