HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dessa Lightfoot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2018 20:45:50 -0400
Alex,

How certain are you that it is made of bone?  It looks like ceramic to me,
especially based off the second image.  The combination of very regular
rings around the top part of the item, plus the regular burning and
complete lack of trabecular bone is pretty dubious to me. Definitely have
someone who specializes in bone check it out before you run with the bone
idea.  Unglazed ceramics can be deceiving sometimes.

Dessa