From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 09:19:53 -0700

> >Okay,  but that’s as nebulous as you can get.

Sorry, I made the mistake of assuming that everyone would fill in the
blanks.  Allow me to attempt to be less nebulous.

Many Midwestern beekeepers have experience with California queens, whose
drones are not exposed to neonics.  And some of those same beekeepers also
have experience with locally-raised queens, whose drones would have been
exposed to neonics during their rearing and early feeding.  I was hoping
that some beekeepers with experience with both sorts of queens (having
mated either to drones exposed or not exposed to neonics during their
development) exhibited different rates of failure.

I've received several emails off List from those who understood my
meaning.  None have noticed a difference in queen survivorship.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA