From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2016 07:43:28 -0500
my comments...
I shall start off here by point out the obvious which is Mr Linder's statement (now repeated several times) is highly demeaning to anyone that does formally or informally measure a hive (or hives) weight.

There is imho nothing wrong with asking hard question (not that the hard applies here at all) but one does not polish one's reputations by disagreeing simply to be disagreeable.

Your twisting things around,  First off I said it once.   Second off you totally disregard the reasoning.  The reasoning is simple.  There is a much better method  that’s free,  and does not require years of correlation to understand.   Its called opening the hive.
I love data,  when there is a point. Unfortunately that’s not usually the case.

I look to 2 things  one  the old timers.  History.  Balance scales have been around for a long time.  Don't recall reading about the use of a balance scale and langstroth hives every before.  Dadant and Root,  don't recall seeing it as a basic tool.
Then I look at the pros of today.   Nope  no scales their either.

I simply pointed out  that a scale is not a replacement for opening the hive,  and if you think it is,  then your going to be fooled.  Didn't belabor the point at all.  I did ask Jim for the sales pitch.

If you found that demeaning,  then your part of the problem. Anyone who knows me at all would tell you I have no issues with what you do with hives.  Do as you wish in any manner.   I do have issues with those who try to teach things that are a bit dubious,  And those who twist my words.

Charles