From:
sally etheridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:12:52 +0000
We have several pumps for our community bf support programme. We loan them out with no charge, only charging for pumpsets. Our criteria are that we loan for specific reasons, and may not charge even for pump sets if we feel the mother can't pay. I often (usually) need to go and collect the pump once she has stopped using it, although if I ask then I will usually get it returned if the mother has transport. Very rarely does a family offer to return a pump without me asking, even if they stopped using it long ago. I think though that our mums here have different needs, and most of the time the loan is to help with establishing bf. Few mothers return to work in the UK before their baby is 6 months now, and few in our community would choose to use a pump long term unless there was a need. So I don't  mind the chasing up too much ultimately!
Sally Etheridge IBCLC
Leicester UK