Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2016 11:12:07 -0400
From:
Anne Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]> showed two scholarly
extracts with information more practical than that which I'd been
able to find, though still not quite as practical as I was hoping
for.  Thank you!

Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]> suggested:

> Search the archives here

That was indeed most fruitful (pun intended); thank you!  I feel
a bit silly for not having thought that there would be searchable
list archives.  It looks as thought lsoft.com doesn't allow Google
to index their archives; I tried a Google search that should have
found a specific article, and it wasn't found.  Too bad.

Anyway, I'll be sure to use the list archives directly next time!

Brian Rogers <[log in to unmask]> pointed to:

> Here's the most relevant I've seen other than my own anecdotal
> observations of them being more 'on edge' by Randy Oliver.
> http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A2=ind1406&L=BEE-L&F=&S=&P=164822

Wow, nice!  Thanks, Brian, and of course, thanks Randy.

Based on all that, I'll refrain from eating bananas right next to
the hive (not that I was going to!), and I might forego my morning
banana smoothie on hive-opening days, but the rest of the time, I
think I can safely carry on eating bananas.  Yay!

I am a bit concerned about the presence of the compost barrel about
5 feet from the hive, but presumably I'll be able to tell if it's
causing a problem.  In the past, the bees have shown no particular
interest in it - if they start to explore it a lot now that it
contains banana peels (once it thaws out, that is - I'm in Montreal),
then I'll put the banana peels in a compost pile further away.

Thank you again, all - I knew I could count on this list for reliable
and practical information!

Anne, keeper of one hive.