From:
Toby Gish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 19:21:45 +0300
Ahh – I remember the discussions about forming Lactnet- could it have been in Toronto in 1989? The idea was so exciting. When it finally became true Cindy Curtis (in the early days of the internet for general use) helped me join. What a wonderful gift Lactnet has been throughout the years. In the beginning it was our only professional support group. I once applied for credits for reading Lactnet but they weren’t accepted . We have our own local internet lists and facebook groups now, but nothing can replace the international Lactnet for the breadth of knowledge found here. How many times has a lecturer come over and we feel we know her through Lactnet? How many time have I said – “I read you on Lactnet”? We “met” people from all over the world and received learned answers to our inquiries. I am retired now and still look for Lactnet first thing in the morning. I can’t imagine giving up such a forum. I thank the Lactnet mothers for all the years they have given us voluntarily. I hope we have not become so insular that we don’t need each other anymore. Warmly, Lactasuarus Toby Gish retired RN,LLL,BA,IBCLC – Full time Grandmother and Lactnet fan. (Haifa, Israel)