From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:15:08 +1000
Many years ago Graham Kleinschmidt did some research here in Australia on
banking queens and found that if the queens were banked for more than 28
days and then introduced into a colony the queens were usually superceded.
How many of the cases of the supercedure cases involve banked queens?

Also I know from experience here in Australia that if queens are introduced
into colonies with Nosema then they will also be superceded.  We used to get
complaints about early season queens we sold being superceded and the queens
were getting the blame.  However one beekeeper decided to do some testing
and found that the hives that were superceding the queens also had above
average Nosema levels.

FWIW

Trevor Weatherhead

Australia