Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 23:27:37 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Gee, this one is different from any Lact-Aid question I've heard!  I've worked with moms whose babies didn't remove enough milk from the breast, who were helped by the Lact-Aid, before, but this is the first time I've heard of a case where the baby isn't getting anything from the breast, at all. The only thing I can think of is that maybe slowing the flow might help.  Breast milk flows through the tube significantly faster than formula, which is what I usually had to use, with my adopted babies.  I wonder what would happen if she tried pinching the tube off, periodically.  It sounds like leaving it shut might make baby upset, but maybe just putting enough pressure to slow it would be OK.  There is another way to slow it, which slows it WAY down.  I haven't actually tried it now that there is a little piece added to the place where the bag tube attaches.  It used to just be a hole that you pushed the tube up into, but now there is a piece that it is pushed onto.  I don't think it would prevent it from working, though.  When every bit of air is removed from the bag, milk will slowly be drawn into the feeding tube.  I'll see if I can think of any other possibilities.  I can sure appreciate the amount of effort this mom has put into keeping her baby at the breast!  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2