From:
John Macdougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:44:09 -0000
Charles,

Something not right with your figures. 200 bees out of 3500 bees is just
under 6% not 1%. Still a relatively small variation but I guess that only
proves the average weight tends not to vary much. Are your bees/pound
figures from a particular time of year or a good cross-section across the
season?  Does anyone know if there is a natural variation of bee size/weight
depending on season? Are larger bees or smaller bees more likely to survive
winter? Larger bees for summer foraging, smaller for better winter
clustering?

John