From:
Attie Sandink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 20:13:00 -0500
I have been reading with great interest about breast compressions. In some cases I really see that it works during a bust or in between bursts. However I am finding that too many  mothers seem to be milking their breast and think they need compress all the time. They are losing the latch and breaking the babies seal. Have we ever really looked at this in a research based methodology. May we not be getting similar let downs and release of milk with lad back breastfeeding, albeit not the only answer but breast compressions have concerned me for a long time.
Just a thought. Where is the research. We do see it improved milk flow when pumping but is that our only research and does that really equate to what happens with breastfeeding?
Attie Sandink, Ontario Canada