From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:20:37 +0000
> On Sep 14, 2015, at 6:56 PM, Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Are we talking about the Idiopathic Brood desease?

No, that term is reserved for non-specific brood disease  whereas this other tests positive for EFB, even though it exhibits ambiguous symptoms.

I have sent samples of each to Beltsville and the results were different. The former tested negative for AFB & EFB, while the latter tested positive for EFB. However, the EFB hive also had varroa and viral meltdown.

>  IBDS is diagnosed by the presence of brood at different ages that appear molten on the bottom of cells or have other symptoms reminiscent of, but not caused by, infection with American foulbrood (AFB; Paenibacillus larvae), European foulbrood (EFB; Melissococcus pluton), or sacbrood virus (SBV).  Shimanuki et al. (1994) described this syndrome as part of their study of Parasitic Mite Syndrome (PMS), but unlike the symptoms of PMS in adult bees it is not believed that IBDS is caused by Varroa mites. vanEngelsdorp (2011)

PLB