Message-ID:
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Sender:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Sarah McCann <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Hi all,Currently I am working with a mum with muscular dystrophy. Her baby is 2 weeks and 2 days old. Mum had a CS at 38 weeks. Mum really wants to breastfeed. Baby latches rarely for a few sucks and may have a PTT. Mum knows I am willing to refer the baby for clipping if she wants. What is really concerning me though is the muscular dystrophy. Mum is weak in her arms and legs and her lung function is poor. She speaks well and her heart is fine. So my question is given that muscular dystrophy weakens muscles is it likely that muscular dystrophy could be affecting her breast tissue and milk ejection reflex. She was pumping 20ml 8 times a day. The last couple of days has seen a dip in mum's supply. She has been tired though, but she has been eating the foods I suggested to support supply. Baby gets about 90mls of formula per feed. I have talked to mum about the SNS if necessary in the future (I am assuming baby will eventually  latch). I have also said sometimes milk can take longer to come in.Any thoughts on muscular dystrophy would be very welcome.Many thanks,Sarah McCann, BScHons, IBCLC, LLL Leader.www.BreastfeedingResourcesNI.co.uk 		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2