From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2014 19:53:49 -0500
Actually no,  until I started,  nothing but ferals.   No other local beeks
who brought bees in.  all were swarm catchers.  Lots of ferals and long
established ferals.  Don't see many that I know are long time hives,  but
other than me nobody bringing bees in.  And TONS  of nesting sites
here...... which is one of the main reasons I have little to no faith in the
adaptation theory.   The only adaptation I see that's working is small hives
and tons of swarms.  Last two years all cutouts have been less than 2 years
old (no dark brood comb)

Where I grew up there were none....

Charlie

I believe that you stated
before that there were no ferals in your area, perhaps due to lack of
suitable nesting cavities in which a locally-adapted population could
maintain a breeding population?