HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2015 14:13:09 -0400
Interesting debate here. I tend to agree with James Gibb when he
allowed:  "If I bury family members in a small cemetery, then depart to
make a life elsewhere, I haven't abandoned my cemetery. It continues to
serve the purpose for which I intended it." It follows then that if the
property falls in disrepair it is being neglected as Daniel Davis mentioned.

The term "abandoned cemetery" seems to be used as a legal means to
re-purpose a property when the need arises.

Rich Green
Historic Archaeological Research
418 N. Main Street
Brownstown, IN 47220