Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 08:00:08 -0500
From:
Kevin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
>I am sorry, but without some basis in fact, it isn't worth anything.

Which is why I was careful use the word "hedge".  As a doctor I am well versed in the immune response in humans which involves a very complex biochemical cascade dependent on a long list of required substances. If it is similar in bees it is plausible that the trace elements in honey could play some role.

Brood and comb production are no doubt facilitated with syrup feeding, along with the risk of tainted honey and the interfering with the bee's regulation of brooding up or down in response to the natural flows.

I agree that pollen and propolis are critical components along with the nectars and with all of this bees are able to establish and maintain a well balanced ecosystem within their cavity.  It's also plausible that beneficial flora included in this ecosystem impart disease resistance to the colony.

>By the way, many people use the "treatment free" tag ..

It's not a tag, it's an adjective. At this point in my life I'm not interested in any more merit badges.  I'm also not interested in promoting what I do to others for which these methods don't apply, I'm just sharing information.