From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:00:50 +0100
> Any comments on hooded veils?  Do they hold up?  Do they give good neck
protection?   I am talking about heavy use in hot weather.

I used the Sherriff 'Bee Farmer' vest for years with a plain boiler suit.
Worked fairly well, although bees could sometimes get down between the
collar of the boiler suit and the vest.  There was also a problem with the
veil blowing back against my nose, and I was frequently stung on the
forehead (lack of hair!).

Now I use the BBWear full suit with attached hooded veil and find it
excellent, although perhaps a little hot when the temperature really rises.
I always wear a sweat band now - this stops stings on the forehead (although
I think these are less likely with the BBWear veil as it is more substantial
than the Sherriff), but more importantly it stops sweat running down into my
eyes and dripping onto my specs.
The full suit is not really necessary with our docile A.m.m., but it does
keep me clean and gives some protection from stinging nettles etc.

I wear shorts and a thin short-sleeved shirt under it, so stay quite
comfortable.

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W