ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dr. Wilderness" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:53:18 EDT

Hi Annette,
As a full-time science lecturer/speaker I can tell you that there are lots of
us!   As Marcia Hale pointed out, the fees can be extraordinary for a "name"
speaker.   My suggestion is that you surf the web a bit,  and contact your
local or state speakers groups.  Many of us  (myself included) reduce our fees
for nonprofit groups.  An agency is good for big name speakers,  but expect to
pay a premium for the service. You can find excellent speakers through your
local "Toastmasters" club as well as many colleges and universities.
Ask for a video of your presenter and the written text for the presentation.
Best of luck!
Khevin Barnes
Dr. Wilderness,  Inc.