ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:42:10 -0600

This article posted today on Mashable.
Thought it may be of some help in this discussion.

10 Apps to Get Kids Excited About Science:
http://mashable.com/2013/11/30/science-apps-kids/#_

I'm also a big fan of using Angry Birds.
We've built a large "life-size" version (slingshot, plush Angry Birds and boxes) to pull out and teach physics.
Not really using the app... but using the interest in a very popular app to teach concepts.

John Hawkins
Youth Engagement Coordinator
Adventure Science Center
www.adventuresci.org