HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 06:26:20 -0700
Folks,

The Museum of Underwater Archaeology is proud to announce the launch of
the online proceedings for the 2014 Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on
Underwater Cultural Heritage. This impressive collection will include over
100 papers, video interviews, and posters all freely available online.
Today we are releasing the conference introduction and papers from the
first four of fifteen sessions. Each week we will publish additional
materials. Introductory interviews with the session chairs discuss the
impetus for organizing the session and identifies future directions for
research in that topic.

Today’s release includes:
-General conference introduction, including video interviews with
conference chair Dr. Hans Van Tilburg and keynote speakers Dr. James
Delgado and Dr. Sayan Praicharnjit

- Session 1: UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater
Cultural Heritage and International Cooperation (Chair: Etienne Clement)

- Session 2: New Approaches in UCH Management in the US (Chair: Dr. Hans
Van Tilburg)

- Session 3: Underwater Cultural Heritage, Museums, and Sustainable
Development (Chair: Dr. Bill Jeffery)

- Session 4: Underwater Cultural Heritage in Oceania (Chair: Dr. Akatsuki
Takahashi)

You can view the collections here:
http://www.themua.org/collections/collections/show/13

Best regards,
Michelle Damian
Ph.D. Candidate University of Southern California
Exhibits Editor, The MUA
APCONF 2014 Online Publications co-chair
www.themua.org