From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 22:01:04 -0400
Hi Joe , Lionel & All,

>Lessons learned the hard way are lessons
never forgotten.

You-tube searches now can answer many questions and prevent many problems but 20 years ago the net was very different. The video was the only video I ever saw on bee removal. All the people involved were beekeepers from the Midwestern beekeepers with a combined total number of beekeeping years of around a couple hundred years.

Back before varroa bees in houses was a serious problem. When I became president of the Midwestern Beekeepers years ago(president 5 terms) I thought we needed a Bee Removal video.

Our video had about every type of bee removal you could think of. Houses, walls, trees, logs , a 55 gallon drum.

All of the above were calls from people and we had no idea before filming what we would find. The video was made 20 years ago and several beekeepers have found bee removal a full time business after seeing the video.

The interesting part is those beekeepers have NEVER had to advertise about bee removal to stay busy.

You might not become rich doing bee removal but in my opinion bee removal can be rewarding (helping people) and rewarding money wise without ripping home owners off.

If I was going to start a bee removal business in Missouri I would apply for a pest control licenses as very easy to get in Missouri. I have two close friends which run pest control businesses in Missouri.

Did you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get your pest control licenses Joe?

bob