Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 07:27:49 -0400
i had saved the following information some time ago, the original document has gone missing where I read it. I found this part of the reaserch interesting.

The proventriculus filters the nectar and removes debris such as pollen
grains and the fungal spores that cause foul brood. A valve at the bottom
of the proventriculus prevents the filtered nectar from entering the bee’s
digestive system, but allows the debris removed from the nectar to pass
into the bee’s alimentary canal and into the intestines where it is first
stored then later voided from the rectum.

Testing the speed and efficiency in which an introduced contaminate passes
thru the digestive system might be the best method for determining which
lines have a well developed proventriculus.

THE R-VALUES OF HONEY: POLLEN Coefficients
source.

mike syracuse ny