From:
Judy LeVan Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:40:40 -0400
Oops, I put the "short answer" in the wrong part of the email.  I  meant to
say yes also 90-120 minutes, but it may be more like 2 1/2 or 3 hours  in
the case of moms with even more significant/ complicated issues.

"I leave  when all moms immediate questions  and immediate concerns are
answered,  and she feels she  understands what is happening, and perhaps why
things  are currently so hard and  how that might be expected to change over
time  and a plan on how to get there. "

Also in answer to Jillian, I have been in practice for 16 years. Visits
have mostly remained 90-120 minutes. In the past 7 years or so, I have
learned so much more, and seen so many more very complicated  dyads who really
don't want to give up, that the visits have  not gotten shorter, and in some
are more than 120. Only one  family, with  an extremely anxious mom, did I
stay 4 hours,  on two different visits. Baby had a posterior tie. This mom
ended up  teaching me so much about a mom's ability to move through severe
anxiety, learn from her baby, and be transformed as a person in  the process.
She ended up having a lovely and long nursing  relationship with the baby, and
we worked together when  her second one came along. It was amazing to see
how she had embraced  her new self, her child, and even helped her husband
let go of his  unrealistic expectations, with the second baby.  The second
baby visits were of "normal" length for me then.
Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL
Brooklyn, NY,  USA