From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:14:12 -0400
Jerry Hayes:
These are older people, like me, who read
Mother Earth News in 1968 and now the
kids are gone and the SUV has been sold
and they can do some things they want to
do. They're also activists and connected
to environmental issues. They want this
whole natural thing and I think they’re
well meaning, but delusional in some
cases.

Dennis:
Well, I think it is delusional and I also
think that it’s not representing what's happening.
The idea that your backyard is an
island unto itself- it's not. The disease load
in your backyard bee hives has everything
to do with your neighbor’s bees, as much as
it does your own management techniques.

Having said that, I think that there are less
intrusive ways of controlling mites, but you
need to have a mite control strategy.

ABJ 2013 April