Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:20:58 -0700
>>>    .... only 4% of dead hives claimed as CCD fit the symptoms.     Then what name should we give the other 96%?    If
 true why are we even using the word CCD to describe what we are seeing
today. Annual hive loss is clearly changed since the start of the die
off.

Maybe the original term of CCD was used to describe the first set of unidentifiable circumstances of loss and the media jumped on the term as something very easy to sensationalize and sell news.   Subsequently, large grants were appropriated to appease the masses stirred up by the sensationalized CCD problem, not because of the problem per se, but so that the masses would see the government being concerned and trying to do something about it.  I.E. make the government in power look good to the voting public.  Personally, I think the term might describe a certain set of circumstances but that it is now used to garner attention and possibly money (and votes) with which to make one's living.

Mike in LA