Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:59:33 -0800
>>>    What is significant is that radical environmentalists are at work in
both these fields. Using the dubious "precautionary principle" they
create dire scenarios, turn up the volume and then use these elaborated
fantasies .....

Turn the tables on them.  Cite the situation of North America before the influx of Europeans and other non-native peoples who migrated here since the time of Columbus.  Cite the vast change in the environment due to the advances of agriculture caused by these "immigrants".  Tell them we all need to go back to Europe/Africa/Asia where we belong and let the North American continent revert back to its natural state as much as it can at this point in time.   They/We are non-native to the NA continent.  Go away.   <GRIN>

Mike in LA