Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 19:00:59 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers

Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Hi Jason,

I am very interested in assisting with your center's development. I was the project and interpretation coordinator for my organizations new interpretive center's exhibits and building in 2008-2009. This project resulted in a 10,000sq foot space that houses two interactive exhibit halls. I have been the managing the exhibits and building operation since it’s opening in June 2009. I realize that we are not a traditional Science Center but I strived to incorporate science and technology into our exhibits as it pertains to biology, geology and environmental sciences. 

I can't help you with planetariums but I may be able to give some insight on exhibit design and facility management.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Sincerely,

Rachel

Rachel Barton

Curator

Chattahoochee Nature Center

9135 Willeo Rd

Roswell, GA 30075

770-992-2055 ext 233

www.chattnaturecenter.org

-----Original Message-----

From: Informal Science Education Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jason Trinklein

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:31 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Mentor Science Centers

ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

We are taking the very first steps at establishing a new Science Center here in Charleston, South Carolina, the first steps on a long and perilous road. Instead of reinventing the wheel, it makes more sense to leverage the wisdom of the community that has already established successful science museums and centers around the country. I do not wish to flood the mailing list with questions during these initial stages, however.

Please consider acting as an advisory mentor to our efforts if you have the interest and the time. Your experience and knowledge would be invaluable in avoiding the pitfalls and ensuring success. Any amount of input you are able to provide, even slight, would be appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jason Trinklein

Charleston Science Center

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to [log in to unmask]

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit

http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the

message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to

[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2