HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:24:42 -0500
 Around 1990 the City of annapolis 'cleaned up' and African American cemetery by piling the monuments in one spot and then bush hogging the lot and erecting a high, chain link fence, dilapidated when last I saw it. As an act of contrition, the City erected a granite monument commemorating the cemetery and those interred within. Don't think there is any documentation, but it shouldn't be hard to create it.

James G. Gibb

Gibb Archaeological Consulting

2554 Carrollton Road

Annapolis, Maryland USA ?? 21403

443.482.9593 (Land) 410.693.3847 (Cell)

www.gibbarchaeology.net ? www.porttobacco.blogspot.com

On 06/25/13, Nancy Dickinson<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please post on HISTARCH.
Thanks,
Nancy