HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Terry Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:50:27 -0400
All,

I thought I'd bring you all up to speed on some of the things you may have missed on the SHA Blog over the past few weeks.

The Day of Archaeology starts next week on June 29th. This is a wonderful online project where archaeologists from around the world write a blog post about what they did that day. Last year, over 400 archaeologists participated. The creators of the project dropped in to our blog to solicit your entries! http://ow.ly/bLbST

Julia King tackled the difficult topic of cultural economics, using the example of Colonial Williamsburg and Carter's Grove to ask the important question, can something be "Too Historic to Fail?" http://ow.ly/bLbvB

The APT Student Subcommittee interviewed the 2012 Ed and Judy Jelks StudentTravel Award Winners, Corey McQuinn and Adrian Myers: http://ow.ly/bLbpx

In our President's Corner, Paul Mullins notes that Historical Archaeology is sorely under-represented on Wikipedia, one of the most "comprehensive research sources on the face of the planet". http://ow.ly/bLbkn

We have another Friday Links post, featuring a new Photo of the Week from the Fiske Center excavations at Gore Place, in Waltham, Massachusetts, as well as links from Ferry Farm, Colonial Williamsburg and William and Mary, and some great photos from Jamie Brandon's excavations with the Arkansas Archaeological Survey: http://ow.ly/bLbP1

As always, you can find us on Facebook or Twitter to receive updates of new posts, or subscribe to the blog via RSS or email by visiting the blog itself!

Thanks for reading!

Terry

Terry Peterkin Brock
Archaeologist and PhD Candidate