HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:58:09 -0500
From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
If it's a one way system, ie, gas, wherein the material is piped in and then burned, there will be only one hole in the wall. If it's a circulating system, then there will be two, these being for hot water radiator, baseboard or steam heat in order of decreasing probability. But for combustable materials, there has to be a flue, or rather, there should be a flue. Perhaps the adjacent vent cover was the older venting system adapted for the current system? The gas light systems put carbon monoxide directly into the room, seldom with any kind of venting apart from around loose fitting doors and windows as it dispersed.

Lyle Browning