HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:59:35 -0600
From:
Cody Davis <[log in to unmask]>
A few months back I posted on this list looking for some help with a bois
d'arc log foundation we were mitigating. I am currently still pursuing this
research and was hoping that others may know of sites that have been
excavated, tested or just recorded that have similar features.

I am looking for sites that have "mud and stick" or "cat" chimney as well
as structures that utilized bois d'arc for construction components other
than the piers. Also, if you know of a structure that used half-notched
beams with pins for the foundation to a frame structure, I would love to
review that material as well.

If you know of any sites or reports that deal with these features, please
let me know. You may contact me off list if you want more details. I really
an needing some comparative data sets. Thanks.

--
Cody S. Davis, RPA
Project Archaeologist/Project Manager

*This electronic message transmission and any documents, files, graphics,
or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that may
be legally confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended
solely for the individual(s) or entity(s) named above and access by
disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the contents of this
message is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender
pointing out the error, and delete the message. This message may also
contain personal opinions of the author.*