ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
dana schloss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 12:46:30 -0600

Hi Paul,

We are just rolling out some paid Maker workshops for this fall.
http://www.sparkscience.ca/visit/registered-programs/

For youth and teens we are rotating 4 paid workshops through the next 4
months.
• 3D Printing (Which is by far the most popular so far.)
• Video Game Design
• Play with Circuits and Learn to Solder
• Control a computer with anything (This is an interface design workshop
using MaKey MaKeys.)

For Adults we are running 4 paid workshops. Each has an external partner
attached to help run the workshop and to make the skills learned seem more
legit.
• 3D Printing
• Brewing Beer
• Molecular Gastronomy
• Learn to Solder (and make something rad to take home)

I have been testing these workshops and several others for the last few
months, we start running them paid next week. If you want to know how it
goes, let me know and I can contact you off-list.

I'm curious what other folks are trying as well.
-dana

DANA SCHLOSS | EXHIBIT DEVELOPER

*TELUS Spark, the new Science Centre*

220 St. George's Drive NE